Monday, April 30, 2007

5 Minutes

That's how long it took to be convinced to quit my job today. Really I should have quit a long time before now; after all, I only had it as an 'in' to get me hired by the department as full-time staff and we all know how that turned out.

So I was meeting with Layachi (my Masters supervisor) today to plan out my research for the summer and he asked how much they were paying me based on my approximation of 20 hours/week for the entire year. I did some rough calculations, presented him with a number, and he hands me back a bigger one. "That's how much I'll pay you per year during your Masters" he says. (This is contingent on me quitting the ITS job and spending full-time on studies.) "Done", I say. I really didn't want to be with ITS anymore anyway...it was just something to pay the bills. They unfortunately have a very backwards view of what IT Services in an educational setting should be.

So that's the news.

No comments: