Tuesday, July 24, 2007

New Feature

Not like it's all that interesting...but on the right you'll now see a live picture from out the front of my house. I've started mounting embedded Linux network cameras around my property to provide some extra security. (They do all the cool stuff like motion analysis, picture emailing, text messaging, and mag-switch monitoring so they can tell me the open/closed state of the doors in the house.) Yay Linux!

Update: Ooooh, and I forgot the best part. It's also full of PTZ goodness...so if someone is walking up the stairs the camera will move to zoom in on the stairs, take pictures, and email them to me and SMS my cell. Then it moves back to the wide shot again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whenever I go to any page of your blog it asks me to enter a username and password for '/' at http://deltacow.linuxfreak.ca