Saturday, November 25, 2006

Status Update.

Hey, I'm actually not going to rant about anything today!

The roads in North Hatley, which have been under construction for what seems like ever, are finally done (well, not completely, but the ones that I travel on are basically complete). It's nice to see North Hatley get a bit of a face lift -- the hill will have stone walls almost the complete length, with a sidewalk that finally goes all the way to the top. The town wants to showcase itself as a premium vacation spot, but they tend to be their own worst enemy, by letting things fall way too far into disrepair; indeed the last time the hill was repaved was about 20 years ago, and only then because a major storm washed away several large pavement chunks. At the very least I'm relieved that I won't have to worry about destroying my vehicle's front-end just to get basic groceries.

---

I've taken to baking a lot lately, partly because I think it makes ideal Christmas presents but also because I have a feeling I'm going to need a bunch around the house this season. It's just disappointing that I can't enjoy any of my own cooking. Tonight was chocolate night, last week I made solid chocolates with painted chocolate decorations but tonight I made filled chocolates with cherry and orange fondant centers. Tomorrow I'll be experimenting with nuts, and liqueur fillings. I'm just sort of testing all this stuff right now...once I get it all perfected I'll combine all of it and start to make boxes. For now I think the people I work with at ITS are enjoying my experimentation.

---

I was going to rant (and break my own statement) about some things, but now I think better about it....something about "If you can't say something nice...".

Anyway, poker Sunday at my place. Email me to confirm a spot.

1 comment:

Devin said...

that's never stopped you before. I'd be amused to read your opinion.