Thursday, July 07, 2005

Did You Ever Wonder?

Back when I was in high school (eek, some 15 years ago - this may have happened earlier as well, but I certainly have killed too many brain cells to remember) I remember looking around at 'the group' and wondering which of us would become a public face. I mean, I went to a large high school (almost 3000 students) so odds were that someone would end up doing something in which people would recognize them.

Also, when I was in grade 7, I made a video with a group of students for a school project. I remember it because I remember all of my videos - having a father who worked in post production meant that when we wanted to do a video in school we got it professionally edited on the same equipment that was editing some of the top television shows and movies of the time. Anyway, the video we did was a newscast about our school. It was anchored by a friend of mine named Nelly Gonzalez.

So I was watching TV the other night - a Winnipeg Global station - and who should come on? None other than Nelly doing a news update. It turns out that she is the nighttime anchor. It's nice to see the progress that people from my graduating class have made.

No comments: